First aid training
The last 2 nights crew have undergone first aid training to ensure that they are up to date with the latest practices.
It had all the general first aid syllabus plus the subjects specific to boating included:
- The recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- Cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- Seasickness and dehydration
- Medical assistance or advice by VHF
- Helicopter rescue
Online Music - Wici Supports JLA
Wici Band have teamed up with The Jersey Lifeboat Association. As part of their fundraising efforts we have decided to add something different to their calendar in these difficult time.
Cow Pat Raffle
Who’d have thought that betting on cow-dung could win you money! Now is your chance to WIN £2,000 whilst helping raise money for the JLA. We’re having a “cow-pat” raffle! Only 200 tickets available and one lucky winner!