Don't get caught out
Jersey is such a beautiful place to live. We’re so lucky to be here in nature’s playground, but it’s easy to forget that we also have one of the largest tidal ranges in the world - almost doubling in size twice a day.
Whether you’re out fishing in remote locations or low waters, exploring coves and rock pools or just enjoying the beaches and sea fun, it’s important to remember that the tide won’t wait for you.
- Have a plan - check the weather forecast, tide times and read local hazard signage
- Keep a close eye on your family – on the beach and in the water
- Don’t allow your family to swim alone
- Don’t use inflatables
- If you fall into the water unexpectedly, float to live. Fight your instinct to thrash around, lean back, extend your arms and legs, and Float
- In an emergency dial 999, and ask for the Coastguard
Don’t get caught out - make sure you know about the tides and currents.
Information can be found at many places, including:
#JerseyLifeboat #TideSafety #CurrentSafety #YourBoat #YourCrew #YourLife