Boat Owners Checklist part 7
Boat Care Info Part 7: You and your crew
We’re all about keeping you safe on the water. With more and more people wanting to get out on their boats, you need to make sure that your vessel is in good condition before you set sail.
The guys at Islands Insurance have put together some great advice, which we’d like to share with you all. Follow the Boat Owners checklist series here.
Before setting off, make sure that you and your crew know the following:
• Where the safety equipment, emergency kit, electronics and other devices are
• What the engine temperature is so that you can ensure it’s not overheating
• Your safety procedures - if you or your crew haven’t gone on a safety course, then consider enrolling on one
• If there have been changes to buoyage and channels - winter storms often mean shifts
• What your safe launching practices are
#JLA #lifeboat #jerseychannelislands #keepingeveryonesafe #yourboat
Bingo night 28/10/2021
Join us for some family fun at Trinity Parish Hall on Thursday 28th October. Entrance fee £2 and raffle will be held on the night. Arrive 7pm for a 7.30 start.
Fundraising stall 20/11/2021
Our lovely fundraising team will be out (hopefully) enjoying the sunshine. Come and see us on our JLA stall, which will be packed full of goodies for you.