Boat Owners Checklist part 4
The guys at Islands Insurance have put together some great advice, which we’d like to share with you all.
Follow the Boat Owners checklist series here.
Part 4: Below Decks - Keeping Safe in the Water
It’s important to make sure that your boat is sea-worthy below decks as much as it is above them. Here are a few things you should check.
Make sure that your head is:
• Lubricated and cleaned as necessary
• If equipped with treatment system, have chemicals on-hand
• Y-valve operation with the valve labelled and secure
Check your water system by:
• Flushing the water tank
• Checking the water system and pump for leaks
• Checking hot water tank is working on both AC and engines
• Ensuring the tank cap keys are on-board
• Cleaning the shower sump pump screens
In the galley:
• Fill the propane tanks
• Check the electric and manual valves
• Make sure the storage box vent is clear
• Clean the fridge and check it operates on AC and DC
• Clean the stove and check that all burners and oven are working
#JLA #lifeboat #jerseychannelislands #keepingeveryonesafe #yourboat
Bingo night 28/10/2021
Join us for some family fun at Trinity Parish Hall on Thursday 28th October. Entrance fee £2 and raffle will be held on the night. Arrive 7pm for a 7.30 start.
Fundraising stall 20/11/2021
Our lovely fundraising team will be out (hopefully) enjoying the sunshine. Come and see us on our JLA stall, which will be packed full of goodies for you.